K. J. Somaiya College has always been in the pioneer to provide various services to students. Seeing the need of the students to make and enter in the Indian Administrative Services and Other State Level and Private sector services, the Administration of college had taken a decision and so establishes Competitive Examinations Guidance Centre in 1992.
Administration has decided to commence the scheme of competitive Exam Guidance Cell in college campus without governments’ economic help. The Centre’s training programme was modified and continued on self-funding basis. In the year 2000 College has given more focus on UPSC and banking exams. There was special scheme of coaching to SC/ST students who eager to appear for UPSC Civil Service Examinations in 2004. The center has been running pre-examination coaching program for UPSC & MPSC aspirants. The centre has been running UPSC/MPSC program for all graduate and post graduate students. Students of College are prepared and guided for Banking Exams, NET/SET Exams, Police recruitment Exams, MPSC/UPSC.
v Creating awareness and promising environment for youth of college to become competent for UPSC/MPSC Civil Service and other Competitive Examinations.
v To inculcate interest and provide precise training required for such Examinations.
v To build self-confidence among the undergraduates through continuous advising, and provide necessary environment to competitive Exams.
Name of the Teacher
Dr. V. S. Salunke
M.A. NET, SET, Ph.D.
Prof. R. A. Jadhav
M.Com. NET, SET
Dr. R. B. Talware
Prof. K. B. Wagh
M.A. NET, SET
Prof. A. S. Sonawane
v Academic Year 2018-19
1. A short course of “Competitive Exam Foundation Course” conducted during August 2018 to Sept.2018
2. Lectures were organized for students by eminent personalities like Memory Guru Dnyan Prakash, (Zarkhand), Hon. Vipul Waghmode (Unique Acadamy, Pune), ho. Sagar Jondhale (Assistant Commissioner Sales Tax) Hon. Vinshnu Auti (IRS-2017 Batch), Hon. Dipak Borase(API Kopargaon)
3. “Crash Course For Competitive Exam” were organized for Students from 1 Jan.2019 to 31 jan2019.
v Academic Year 2019-20
1. On 30th July 2019 inauguration of competitive exam guidance cell was held with the auspicious hands of Hon. Vishal Mali (DFO Amaravati)
2. With joint collaboration of Urja Academy and K. J. Somaiya College “Competitive Exam Foundation Course” was organized during 26th August to 31th August 2019.
3. A “Police Recruitment Workshop” was organized during 26th Sept. to 4th Oct.2019 in College campus for students.
4. “NET/SET Guidance Workshop” was organized during 6th Jan.2020 to 15th Jan.2020 in college campus.
5. “IBPS/Banking Guidance Workshop” were organized during 6th Jan to 15th Jan. 2020 for college campus for commerce students.
6. In This academic year Competitive Exam Guidance Cell has started Departmental library with 108 updated books for students.
7. In this academic year so many imminent personalities were invited for guest lecture in college. In this series Hon. Priyanka Kajale (Hon.Judge), Hon.Pankaj Bhongale (Director Atma Malik Academy), Hon.Yogesh Abhale (Co-ordinator of Urja Academy, Nashik), Hon.Vikas Malkar (Co-ordinator of Pyramid Academy, Nashik), were included.
v Academic Year 2019-20
1. Particularly for UPSC aspirants National Seminar were organized on “Human values” in our college. Dr. Ashwinikumar Bhardvaj and Dr. Pritamkumar Bedarkar give their valuable time to encourage students.
2. On 22nd Jan 2021 Department of Microbiology has organized Competitive Guidance Workshop on “Strategies to Crack Competitive Exams in Life Sciences” in which 155 students were participated.
3. On 3rd Feb 2021 Department of Mathematics has organized Competitive Guidance Workshop on “Strategies to Crack Competitive Exams in Mathematics” in which 122 students were participated. Prof. Manoj Gunjal and Prof. Shivangi Tayal given valuable guidance
4. On 6th Jan 2021 Department of Chemistry has organized Competitive Guidance Workshop on “Strategies to Crack Competitive Exams in Chemistry” in which 190 students were participated. Prof. Rajiv Abhyankar and Prof. Tauhid Nadim given valuable guidance
5. With joint venture of K. J. Somaiya college and Pyramid Academy Miss. Rupali Bhagat (PSI) have given valuable guidance on the subject of “PSI Exam Preparation” on 29th Jan.2021in College campus. For this workshop 126 students were participated.
6. For UPSC Preparation notifications of State Administrative Service Institution Mumbai were published in newspaper 15 students were appearing for the exam.