Kopargaon Taluka Education Society’s
K. J. Somaiya College of Arts, Commerce & Science, Kopargaon
Certificate Course in Yoga
1. Objectives of the Course:
1. To enable student to become competent and committed professionals willing to perform as Yoga trainer.
2. To make student to use competencies and skills needed for becoming an effective Yoga trainer
3. To enable student to understand the types of Yoga
4. To acquaint student with the practical knowledge of Yogasana, Kriyas, Bandhas, Mudras, Yogic Therapy and Pranayama
5. To enable student to prepare the Yoga programme
2. Duration of the Course:
The duration of the course shall be of six weeks. (130 contact hours) Each working day shall consist of one hours of Practical Work in morning
3. Eligibility for Admission:
Any Candidate who has passed XII std. or any other equivalent examination will be eligible for the admission to the Certificate Course in Yoga Course. Provided other conditions of admissions are fulfilled. .
4. Structure of Diploma in Yoga Course Programme:
Diploma for Fitness Instructor Course Programme shall be of 100 marks as follows:
Attendance and Daily Practice – 50 Marks & Internal Assessment 50 = Total 100
5.1 Eligibility for appearing at Certificate Course in Yoga examination:
Student teachers should keep the terms with at least 75% attendance. He/she should complete all the practical and other work expected in all parts of the syllabus.
5.2 Annual Examination: Final Practice Lesson
There shall be final practical lesson conducted at the end of the term.
5.2.1 Standard of passing:
1. A student has to obtain minimum 40% of marks in Practical paper out of 50 marks.
5.3 Award of class
Class will be awarded to the students at the end of the course on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by him/her in each part separately
The Practical paper is of 100 Marks.
Practical Training in Yoga :
A. ASANAS :
1. Shrishasana 2. Crocodile Practices ( Four variations ) 3. Pavanmuktasana 4. Naukasana 5. Viparitakarani 6. Sarvangasana 7. Matsyasana 8. Halasana 9. Karnapidasana 10. Bhujangasana 11. Shalabhasana 12. Sarpasana 13.Dhanurasana 14.Vakrasana 15.Ardha-Matsyendrasana 16.Paschimatanasana 17.Supta Vajrasanai 18.Yoga Mudra 19.Simhasana 20.Gomukhasana 21.Matsyendrasana 22.Mayurasana 23.Kukkutasana 24.Uttana Kurmasana 25.Ushtrasana 26.Gorakshasana 27.Padma - Bakasana 28.Baddha -padmasana 29.Akarmadhanurasana 30.Ugrasana 31.Parvatasana 32.Janushriasana 33.Tolangulasana 34.Muktasana 35.Virasana 36.Guptasana 37.Sankatasana 38.Uttanamandukasana 39.Vrishabhasana 40.Padangusthasana 41.Garbhasana 42.Bhadrasana 43.Kapotasana 44.Ekpadaskandhasna 45.Chakrasana (Sideward) 46.Chakrasana (Backward) 47.Virkshasana 48.Tadasana 49.Pada - hastasana 50.Utkatasana 51.Natarajasana 52.Vatayanasana 53.Garudasana 54.Shirh-padangusthasana 55.Vajrasana 56.Padmasana 57.Siddhasana 58.Swastikasana 59.Shavasana 60.Makarasana 61.Brahmamudra
1.Anuloma-viloma 2.Ujjayi 3.Shitali 4.Sitkari 5.Bhastrika 6.Bhramari